Friday, April 03, 2020

Friday Freewrite

I am running my Pilates Playlist on YouTube right now to make sure it is 50 minutes long. So I am sticking close to my computer to watch how it goes. I love this lady's teaching. She just has some different breathing. 

I have worked so many more hours on this class than I ever have in the past, but I will have a full Pilates playlist at the end for use in future classes. I think that I might use this as a requirement for the students so that they get the technique down. 

There is another thing that I have liked about doing this class. I have learned a lot about how to publish online content, and that has been really educational for me, and I will use it in the future. 

Another good thing is that I have a new computer out of the bargain. My old computer camera died. I tried to use it for Zoom groups, and it would start out for the first 30 seconds or so, and then blip out, never to return again. The last time it really worked was probably back in January when I had a Zoom breakout room for my Russ Hudson Enneagram class. So, it was time. This camera and screen are much nicer. I really like the keyboard on it too. So it is a win-win. 

So all that to say is that the time I am spending today is allowing me to just check in my students one by one and then send them on their way to do their Pilates routine on their own with the YouTube playlist. So I think that will be really fine. I was going to try to do it with a shared screen on Zoom, but I find that once the recordings come out, it is all muffled. So I am just going to let them do it on their own. I will know that they did it because I attached a "secret" password at the end of the time.  Eventually, I will also have YouTube Videos of me doing an entire routine with music. I have to figure out how to do music with everything, but I need to read up on that. 

I am learning, and I love learning. I need to go for a walk. I have to get cardio in. The last term was all about regaining my strength, and I have that all back. Now, I need to step up the cardio. I was riding my bike 12 miles a week and walking on the off days from my class, and doing cardio weight training, but I still have not gotten the weight off that I gained during my broken leg. UGH. I got off about five, and then I slipped back out of going for it. So, I am determined to have more cardio and less eating! I am still not technically "overweight," but I am again at the top of my range, and I do not like that AT ALL! So, I am back in a groove for the last three days. It helps that we are not going out to eat on our dates because we cannot during the COVID-19 quarantine! So, that is another blessing in disguise. We are eating many healthy home-cooked meals now. 

I am going to do about two hours of ironing of face mask straps today. Then about two hours tomorrow and two on Sunday. I don't want to overdo it on my back. That should be reasonable. 

I am still enjoying the Spiritual Exercises. I meditated on Jesus before Pilate today. Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world, and I am so glad that I am a part of the Kingdom! YIPPEE!

I am reading Jude, the Obscure by Thomas Hardy. I am also rereading another spiritual direction book for the LAST module of my Spiritual Direction certification. I am sad I will not be able to go see Debbie this last time in Boise, but we will save money on gas and my commitment will only be two days instead of four days. I am glad I went to Boise. It was good for my relationship with Debbie, and it was good to get to know these great people from Iowa and Idaho! 

I am also saving money not going up to Portland for my Enneagram Cohort! And George is saving money not commuting between Corvallis and Hillsboro and Newberg and Hillsboro. That is good news. 

Dee is on her way to deliver my microphone pack for my class. I ordered one for myself because I will probably use it for my YouTube videos when I do the Spiritual Exercises online. I hope this one I get from her works. 

Well, I am going to go and do some cleaning up of papers, and then I will go on my walk. George is marinating London Broil. I cannot wait to go back to London soon! I love that town. 

BYE! 



No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...