Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thursday Thirteen Freewrite

It has been sort of a blah morning. I even slept in. George says that this is a sure sign that I am coming down with something as I am usually up before dawn. I did wake up at about 4:30, but I told myself I needed more sleep and slept in until 6:50. 

Time in prayer was muted too. I think it must be allergies. I kept going for walks with George telling him how amazed I was that my allergies had not been bothering me this spring. I was thinking it was because I was not riding my bike the three miles to campus through a variety of pollen foes. I was thinking maybe in my neighborhood, the pollen that hits me is not here. So I continued to walk, and yesterday, it just hit me. I always think it is some kind of achy flu-like thing and then realize it is pollen. I am someone who feels REALLY good about 90 percent of the time. (I think I have not had a cold for over five years and maybe longer. I know I have never been sick from a cold from work at OSU, and I have worked there since 2015.) So, when I don't feel well, I wonder.


I am also winding down from my editing of Exercises for Everyone. This took me nine days of pretty heavy editing. I was going to "just" proofread for editing, but I ended up making some major changes (well I guess I knew I was going to majorly change the last two weeks of the Exercises) and adding some incredible links to Pray as You Go meditations and links to the Creighton University Online Retreat, and linking to that made me have to do some editing of some of their content that did not line up with the majority of people's beliefs who would be using my manual. So I learned how to edit MP3 files. Well, I did know how to do that about 10 years ago when I would painstakingly edit Thelma's lectures to fit our needs for the homeschool class I led. That would take me HOURS in Windows Movies Maker. Then I lost all my edited lectures in a hard drive drop on the floor. :(. It is a lot easier to edit now. 

All that to say is that editing was really edifying as I read through the manual and meditated on Scriptures in it as I went. So, now that is over. I am also not super wild about what I will be doing for prayer until the summer. I have the sequel to Moment by Moment called Finding God in Each Moment: The Practices of Discernment in Everyday Life. It is very informational, but it is not quite what I am looking for in prayer. So I am praying about the next step for me in prayer. I am planning on "Walking for the World" for my summer intercession. Last summer I went through Kenneth Boa's prayer book on Creeds and Psalms. Also, Dietrich Bonhoeffer inspired prayer book. Maybe a prayer through the Psalms or Proverbs? I will let God lead.

I am heading into two days of ZOOM, and I am not super jazzed about this. I would rather have been driving to Boise this morning with George through the Columbia Gorge. I think these every other month's trips to Boise were good for my mental health. I need to "get out of town" on a regular basis, and last summer during the break from Boise, we went to the coast for three nights in July. Now, we are staying in place because of COVID-19.

There is my thirteen-minute timer. I am going to go and correct Cognitive Learning Assignments now and prepare for my "SILENT PILATES" class. SHHHHH. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...