Wednesday, July 31, 2019

64. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

I could not put this book down. It is a semi-autobiographical novel, and it deserves every award it was given. 

I listened to the audio book narrated by the author and looked at the illustrations on a Kindle edition. WOW! This is a beautiful story. It is off-color in parts because it is written by a teenage boy. So this might be offensive to some.

 After reading Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, it gave me perspective on life on a Native American reservation (and the mess we made of the Native American's way of life that still leaves me heart-broken). The setting is the Spokane Indian Reservation (Wellpinit, Washington). 

It is so well-crafted. I might even say it is my favorite book of the year so far. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...