Tuesday, July 16, 2019

56. My Lady Ludlow by Gaskell


I took a two book diversion from my 1000 Books to Read Before You Die quest in order to enter into the world of Elizabeth Gaskell so that I could fill in what was added to the Cranford TV series. It followed this story loosely and even improved upon it in many ways. This is a delightful book told from the perspective of a person who lives in the mansion of this fine Lady. Miss Galindo is totally different in this book. She is talkative and quirky. The one in the mini-series is more of a moral compass and wise. I like the one in the mini-series much better!

All in all, this was a delight to listen to as I am doing a deep-clean in my kitchen this summer!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...