Tuesday, February 12, 2019

1. Glittering Vices


I finished this several weeks ago, but I am just getting around to writing about it. It was slow going at first. It has a history of the desert fathers that was pretty long and drawn out. I did like it once she got to the Seven Deadly Sins. Her definitions were helpful. I especially liked that I did it with the Renovare Book Club. The author did podcasts, including a Q and A and study guide questions. That added to my enjoyment of it. I discussed  it with a group of thoughtful women, committed to growth last week. That is helpful too. 

This is my 8th year of doing 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge. Come on along and join me!

(Wow, just noticed that 16 of the books I read last year were rereads!)



No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...