Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I think I said in a freewrite earlier in the week that I would freewrite every single day this week, but this is only my second. Oh well. It is a FREEwrite. So I am free to do anything I want.

I did the thing I feared by starting to teach a class at the local health club. It is not like the people at OSU. They are mostly young, and they have to come, so I can see improvement every week if they commit themselves to the program. This group at the health club are an older population, and it is popping in and out. So, it will be interesting to see how it all goes. It is scary to come into a class that has been established with another teacher. It is not classical Pilates. So when I attended the class there was only one exercise that I saw even resembled classical Pilates. So, it will be quite a change for the people who have been going for a long time. We will see how it goes. It is so different from when I took this class so many years ago (12). I go again today, and I am sort of nervous. It is interesting because I was only able to do Pilates one time in France because the hotel rooms were too small. (I guess I could have done it outside in some of the hotels - not sure about that but no mat.) So I was even a bit sore after my class on Wednesday, so I cannot imagine what it was like for some of the people in my class. We will see.

My decision to leave the Renovare Institute has been confirmed over and over again. I had a small group meeting on Wednesday, but someone asked it they could share something right before my time to share. So it was heavy, and I did not think it was appropriate to share my leaving with the group after this. So I guess I chickened out or maybe it also just confirmed that this is not the place for me to grow in the way God created me. I will miss the people, but it is not the right fit for me, and I am glad that I made the decision. So, I know that God will open up the right time to tell people. I did not want to leave after the first residency because so much of my judgment was clouded by pain. But I think I knew on the first day of lectures that it was probably not the right fit for me. But it was good to confirm that after that second residency which was a lot more positive. I have struggled the whole time I have been in it. I do love the reading and praxis exercises though. 

Today, I will have my examen prayer time, take a walk, teach my class, talk to Debbie about our upcoming trip, and go on a date with George (maybe a hike since we ate SO MUCH in France that we are trying to cut back). Then the rest of the weekend is free. I am still recovering from jet lag. I thought I was fine, but yesterday was a very tired day, and I gave myself the freedom to just rest. That was hard at first, but then I was fine. 

Michael is just leaving for work. Paul is here (we are not sure why he came home other than there was a Blizzard in the freezer waiting for him). George is here working from home today. The Beaver Baseball team won the College World Series for the third time. So funny that people our tour bus were always asking another member about their team and how they were doing, but no one asked us, and our team ended up winning the whole thing! Go figure!

Oh thank you for everything, Lord. I love today already. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...