Friday, March 31, 2017

11. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania

One word: WOW! This is my favorite book of the year. It is carefully researched and made so personal by the stories of the people involved from Woodrow Wilson's heart-broken over his wife's death to Charles Emelius Lauriat, Jr. who was crossing the Atlantic with a Charles Dickens's personal copy of A Christmas Carol.(I won't tell you what happens to the copy, but that is why I couldn't put it down. I had to know!) The book kept my attention the whole time with no "dead spots" in Dead Wake. I highly recommend this book, but it may convince you to never take an ocean voyage! 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...