Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Journey Through Job and Life

I went from an overview of Romans this morning with Kim and Rachel (a dream to study this book with them that is finally being realized, YAHOO!) to my journey through Job.

Since both kids are at their college classes, I broke into song at the top of my lungs:

 "I know that my Redeemer liveth . . . and because He lives . . . I, too, shall live."

Oh I must break out Handel's Messiah and put it on my iPod!  

I sang something like this in high school - I was in Job's Daughters. Some evangelicals would tell me that this wasn't a good thing, but they don't know what we learned there. They look from the outside and condemn it all as bad, but I only learned good from it, and it was so much praise and worship and Scripture!

They were lessons from the book of Job, and for a high schooler, they were excellent lessons that would develop my theology of suffering later on in life. I took the memorization very seriously, and they were great Scriptures and beautiful hymns like this (At the end of every meeting we aligned in the shape of the cross and sang "Nearer my God to Thee." It was always so wonderful.)  I didn't know then what it was to suffer, but life has brought its share of sufferings and this was my beginnings. I am grateful.

I am praising God that my Redeemer liveth as proven in my study of Romans and Job today!

Life is such a great adventure with God!


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...