Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mark 10:42-45

I am doing the lesson on "Kneeling" in Leadership Essentials today with Jane. I could not more heartily agree with this chapter. This is the scripture memory passage for this lesson:
"Calling them to Himself, Jesus said to them, 'You know that those who are recognized as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them; and their great men exercise authority over them. But it is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant; and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.'"
Each lesson begins with a core truth, and I couldn't agree more with this one:


What is the motivation and posture of a Christian leaders?
Leading disciples are not motivated by self-aggrandizement of control or power, nor by the need to fill a deficit of self-worth. A servant leader finds joy in empowering and equipping others so they can experience the fulfillment of their God-given contribution. The freedom to be a servant leader comes from the reality of being a beloved child of God (p. 55).
This is my heart! I want to see others fly! I want them to know that God loves them, they are a beloved child of His, and that He wants them to fly with the gifts He has given them so that He might be glorified. So,  I want to say AMEN to this core truth!!!!

Now on to memorizing the verse.

P.S. I decided that I am going to be better at entering posts here about what I am learning  
 
 
 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...