Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yummy Pretzel

August 25, 2009:

The LORD is my light and my salvation;

Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the defense of my life;
Whom shall I dread? (Psalm 27:1)


"Yummy Pretzel" by Carol Weaver


Lord, I fear everybody
No wonder I am so stressed
I want everyone to like me
I don't want anyone to be disappointed in me


Pretzel twisting is my activity
You don't like this?
Let me flex a bit more

I like harmony
So, I'll do anything to flex:
My time, my family, my schedule, my sleep, my exercise


I want to have a relationship with you
I fear our friendship won't last
If I say, "This won't work."
When I do summons the courage to say,
"This won't work for me,"
And you try to make it work another way

But it is still YOUR way,
I won't stick to my original conviction.
I'll bend and twist like a 


PRETZEL


Because I am a soft pretzel, by golly!
Soft pretzels make yummy friends :)
But if you start to eat me . . . 
I disappear,
And I fear what you will do if I say,
"STOP eating me!"


Because you might not think
I am yummy anymore
And where will I be without that?
But if you eat me like a pretzel,
I will not be there anymore anyway.

So maybe I shouldn't be

a yummy pretzel after all


October 14, 2010 I changed that to:


So, I SHOULD not be
a yummy pretzel after all


God, you told me this in 2009, and you reminded me of it on my trip to the coast in September, but I didn't remember it again until my horrendous time at the coast wrestling with the demands of life! The enemy loves it when we forget!  

So, I am writing it here so I won't forget, and others can hold me accountable. 



I love You.

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...