Thursday, October 07, 2010

Same Kind of Different as Me Book Review: Heartwarming and Lovely

What a lovely story! I have to admit that I did the 50 page test (from "The Art of Reading" lecture from The Teaching Company), and I wasn't really engrossed after 50 pages. I think it really grabbed me at 100, but that may have been because I was uber-busy and couldn't really stop long enough to really read. Getting a cold really helped me settle in and truly enjoy this wonderful gem of a book. 


This is the last quote of the book, but it is my favorite:


"The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't no final restin place. So, in a way, we is all homeless -- just workin our way toward home." Denver Moore 


AMEN!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...