How is your commitment to the Lordship of Christ?
The bible tells us that we are not our own, but that Christ purchased us with His own blood and we have become God's own possession (1 Cor. 6:19-20; 1 Peter 1:18-19; 1 Peter 2:9).
If these Scriptures re true of us, we will:
- Love what God loves and hate what He hates.
- Not question His Word.
- Be willing to lay down our own plans and wishes and submit to His.
- Have no resentment in our hearts when God sends us to a place we don't like to go.
- Be content with whatever He provides for us, whether little or much.
- Accept the lowest assignment with the same glad attitude as the highest.
- Do our best for Him with all our heart, all our soul, and all our strength.
- Not ask for an easier or more comfortable life.
- Always seek to please Him instead of ourselves.
- Choose to serve others instead of ruling over them.
- Be satisfied with God's approval and not be affected by people's opinion of us.
- Walk in humility toward God and our brothers and sisters.
- Not seek--even secretly--for honor, position, or recognition for our service.
- Be willing to suffer if it brings glory to Jesus and advances His kingdom.
- Never consider stopping our service to the Lord when other believers or leaders fail us.
- Find our fulfillment in obedience to His will instead of in the things we want to do.
- Place no restrictions on what God can do with our lives.