Sunday, February 05, 2023

Sunday Morning Sixteen



Sunday morning sixteen counting down. Letting my finger do the talking.

It has been a very full weekend so far. Dinner and basketball game for the alumni weekend. A nailbiter of a finish for the OSU team, but they came up short in overtime. Heartbreaking.

Having 12 for breakfast. Lovely time of fun. Talking and laughing. Good memories. The women that sweat together stay together.

I wasn't planning on going to the practice, but I gave in to pressure, and I think that was a God thing because I had the loveliest talk with a more recent alum. I think we talked for almost an hour. I asked her a question about identity, and she lit up. It has been what she has been learning. She said something like, "Good question," and I said, "It is what I do." Then she asked what I do, and I said, "I am a spiritual director." 

She looked at me with the biggest smile, and then gave me a big hug. Turns out she has been seeing a spiritual director for a while. She has been one such a journey of discovery. It was fun to hear a little bit about her journey. 

Then, we went and saw our coach. She has COVID. So, she wasn't able to come to any of the activities for the weekend. So, she stood at her back porch, and we talked.

Then, I went back home to watch the end of Ender's Game with George. Then it was back for a dinner up at Reser Stadium. It was fun, and I laughed until I cried. Something about me not being able to put my new hoodies on, and them all saying it was hilarious to watch. 

One story told about me was not true, but I let it slide. George knew it wasn't true. Perception is reality for some people. I have learned that over the years and just let it slide. Not worth correcting the error. 

George and I unpacked it this morning and went for a nice walk in the light rain. What a good choice I made with him. God's gift to me. He is all about love. Bottom line. Thankful. Very thankful. I could have gone down a different road. Meditating on Psalms 23 and 16 over the last few days helped really bring that into view. "Goodness and mercy" really have "followed me all the days of my life." and He really has made "known to me the path of life," and "in His presence really is fullness of joy." I am undone. Really undone to see your hand wash over me. I have a memory of making that decision to give Him everything on that late night on I-5 when the water came over my car, and I felt like I was going to die. In that instant, you had it all, and the person sleeping in the back seat was the person was not a good influence on me. I had to set a boundary and leave. BEST DECISION EVER! 

Memories are flooding, and my heart is overflowing in gratefulness to God from whom ALL BLESSINGS flow. I love living in Your light, God. Really love it.

This morning has been easy and free. We decided to go to the game and then group rather than try to do church, game, and group. Good call. I just had a 20-minute centering prayer time with Mercy Center. I have not been with them for quite some time. 

Now I will get ready for my small group for tomorrow. So happy about this group, and it will be a get-to-know-you time, for sure. I might get to some Contemplative Reflection Forms. It is a group of four brand-new Spiritual Directors. 

There is my timer. BYE BYE!



No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...