Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Cultivating God's Presence


I heard about this book when the author was interviewed for the Order of the Mustard Seed Podcast:


 I was intrigued. So, I bought the book to read on my Camino to Castlewellan journey. The part I read during that was wonderful. Once I got home, the part in the middle was a little repetitive about history and such.  I have read extensively about Monasticism and Celtic Christianity. So, the middle was a bit boring for me. It was redeemed at the end by talking about elements of a Rule of Life that I found useful!

What is really providential is that he is a regular speaker and trustee at Ffald y Brenin (The Sheepfold of the King) in Wales. This is the conference center that the spiritual formation group I work for (2HC - do it! It is that good) is considering for our opening retreat next year! The day I found this out was the day I read about it, and he speaks about this place extensively in his book. That was cool! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...