Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Tuesday Morning Freewrite


D's Graduation Party - Master's in Public Health Nursing

Haven't done a freewrite since Thursday because on Thursday morning, I sliced my index finger in a lime cutting accident. So, I have stitches, but I finished writing an eight-page paper yesterday. So I have gotten quite used to typing with a wrapped index finger these days. LOL!

We had a going-away party for D. It was such a nice time of charcuterie, pictures with the evening light, steak, chicken, Middle Eastern food, and yummy fellowship with those I love.  So good. 

I did start fading about 8:45 and managed to stay another 45 minutes after that. :) Those young people can stay up so much later than me. 

So, I ate too much! I am three months of maintaining my 10% weight loss. So, I think I will go with another 5% as I am anticipating some travel coming soon. 

I did not feel super well yesterday. I think my body just needed a rest day. So I took one short walk. That was it. I feel much better today. I wish I could have changed my Exercise ring though. I have to remember to reduce it on rest days (that I RARELY take and should). 

I start the Order of the Mustard Seed Year of Preparation Cohort on Saturday and am excited. There is a person from Scotland (in Portland, OR), England (in CA), South Africa (in CA), and three Americans from the Pacific Northwest. Three men. Three women. Great fun ahead.

Today, I also start my first conversation with a partner from South Korea. I did not specify the Middle East. I forgot about it on my application. I have not had one from there since the 80s! I also walk with Kim. Then I teach Pilates.

Speaking of Pilates, I had a student from 2018 contact me. She wants me to teach Pilates classes for a Wellness business she is starting. She said she hated exercise until she was in my class. She said I made it FUN! Well, that was unexpected and encouraging. I have a ton of videos. So, that shouldn't be a problem.

I love my class this term. It is just 8 women. I like the small number. I am finally all caught up on all the university videos I needed to watch. So all I have to do is teach my class on Tuesdays/Thursdays and grade 8 Cognitive Learning Assignments! 

I came to a big realization recently. When I had gone through 8 hours of Enneagram training of my first week of classes, I went from learning (ending at 3 pm) to teaching (starting at 3 pm) and moving my body. It was the BEST thing to do after all that HEAD/HEART triad work of the Enneagram. I put my body into it, and I also went into my GQ (Gut/Body Triad) Type 8 teaching mode rather than being taught (mostly IQ Type 5 with a little bit of HQ Type 2 when we met in small groups). I need some BODY TIME. Totally gave me life and brought me back into balance.

There goes the timer. Will try to do more of this in the coming weeks. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...