Thursday, August 06, 2020

26. Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens

See the source image

I just love a good story by Dickens. 

This has humor and tragedy and mystery and good guys and villains. It was a joy to listen to, and Simon Vance was an excellent narrator!

 I highly recommend this Dickens. 

 This concludes all the books by Dickens on the 1000 Books to Read Before You Die List. I will put the ones on the list in order from most favorite to least favorite (although I really liked them all). 

1) A Christmas Carol - I could read that over and over and never get tired of its wonderful message.
2) Oliver Twist - Something about it just touches my heart.
3) Bleak House - love the strong women characters for a Dickens novel! 
5) Nicholas Nickleby 
 6) David Copperfield 
7) Great Expectations 
8) A Tale of Two Cities 
9) Dombey and Son 

 But again, I really like them all!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...