Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Tuesday Twelve Freewrite

I have been writing in the afternoons after I get back from teaching. Today I did three Pilates classes in a row and then was going to skip my Circuit Weight Training class but decided to just go for it. It was great! Rode my back home happy. 

Now, the sun in streaming from the west through my French doors. I am listening to my Amazon Play list of 55 songs and 5 hours of non-stop praise and worship music based on the playlist of a recent prayer gathering of over 800 people. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and am happy to share it (but I am thinking you will need Amazon Prime Music Unlimited - I have had it for over a year now, and it has made my teaching so much easier to have any song I want at my finger tips to play for my classes. Happy to share this amazing playlist.) 

So the sun in bleeding through, and it is one of those Holy Spirit presence time. The sun, the music, the peace I feel after good sweat, working with amazing people (I LOVE my coworkers at OSU - it makes me cry how lovely they are) and students (I made the class I subbed for giggle with delight - always a goal :)) 

This week is to be about JOY. Jesus is risen, and I am in the 30th Week of the 19th Annotation of the Spiritual Exercises, and Ignatius says, "As soon as I awake, I recall the atmosphere of joy which pervades this week and review the particular mystery about which I am to contemplate (this week it is the Resurrection and Jesus' appearance to people)…throughout the day, I try to keep myself in a mood which is marked by happiness and spiritual joy. As a result, anything in my environment--the sun and warm weather or the white cover of snow, all the different beauties of nature, and so on--is used to reinforce the atmosphere of consolation"("with light" life giving, with God and in tune with his plan).  

Of course one cannot manufacture joy if it is not there, but it is a grace to pray for this week. I was supposed to pray for "sadness" during the Passion week, and I thought that was contrived. Then I was walking very sad last Monday and could not figure out why and was sad for no reason, and I was trying to shake it until I realized that I had prayed for that grace, and GOD GAVE IT TO ME - no reason to be sad, but he gave it to me. 

Well. anyway. I am sensing the Spirit moving right now. I really like what I am doing right now. I was supposed to have a phone call at 2 pm, but they forgot, and we are rescheduling for tomorrow morning. So I am free the rest of the day. So I am going to write the rest of the afternoon into the early evening. 

And now my 12 minutes is up. BYE!

No comments:

Freewrite Friday

I know I put this quote at the beginning of my last Freewrite, but I put it in "Quote Fancy," and I like this picture that I could...