Friday, March 08, 2019

Freewrite Friday Fifteen

Today has been a day of catching up on things. I woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 3:40am! I thought that it was probably about 5 am, but I came out to my prayer spot and looked at the clock and thought, "OH MY!" So I climbed back in bed but my body did not want to go back to sleep.

So, I prayed through another part of the greatest story ever told. This was about Jesus being the Good Shepard, and the problems that ensued after this claim. I also watched the Book of John movie excerpt with that actor that was on Lost. I love how the You Version Bible app is tied to all those clips. I love the visual picture after the meditation. I also wrote about the Incarnation in the Spiritual Exercises guide that I am writing. What a great daily project this has been for me. I have committed to at least an hour of writing at day. I have written the Introduction and 12 1/2 weeks out of 33 or 34 weeks. I love it so far. 

Then I listened to the audiobook Why We Sleep. I really like it! There is a long wait for the Library2Go audiobook, but I picked up the CDs right away. I am learning quite a bit and already know that I have none of the symptoms of one who is sleep deprived. I had picked up the book in the fall, and I found my condition that talks about the "Sleepless Elite" gene. I definitely have it. :) It will be a long listen (14 hours). I wonder if George would like to listen to it on our long drive to Boise and back. :)

George got up and we prayed for women on International Women's Day. Then, he met with Micah, and I listened to another book on the Spiritual Exercises. Then I worked on Project365 pictures. I was 21 pictures behind! So that took me 2 hours and 15 minutes to catch up, but that is another thing that I am doing that awakens my senses which is something that I have learned about in my Integrating the Instincts course with Russ Hudson (I also downloaded a zip file of the whole course onto my computer). It was fun to look over visual pictures of my life in the last three weeks. 

Then I ran out of the house just in time to have Rachel cut and color my hair. Her appointment after me canceled at the last minutes (rats, she could have done my highlights if she had known earlier). Since she had extra time, she curled up my hair in ringlets. That was sort of fun.

Then I came back and had a late lunch, listened to some more of my sleep book, and now I am sitting down to another round of writing. We do pre-marriage counseling and dinner at 7:30 so I will get about an hour of the OSU vs. Washington Women's BB Game. Go Beavs. 

It has been a good day. I am excited about life. :) 

I have 2 minutes and 40 seconds left on my timer. What else can I say. 

I like life. I like my family. Oh, it was a tough week for Michael because the owner of his company died of a massive heart attack on Tuesday night. He was pretty shook up, but he seems to be doing OK now. Such a sweet guy. 

Oh, the rest of the month, we go to Bend for the rehearsal dinner and wedding. We go to Boise for Spiritual Direction training. I go to the Trappist Abbey for my semi-annual overnighter prayer (2 nights) time. I also plan on reading a lot of books. I only have two more days of classes. It has been a very good term. :)

Now the timer is probably going to run out. I will just keep on typing. There it is. 

TTFN and TGIF! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...