Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Peace Like A River

Nope, I am not reviewing a book today. I am just expressing the peace that I feel in my heart. The day has been so good. I have been only walking or riding a bike at the club lately while my back gets back to 100%, and I have to admit that I like the slower workout pace for me. I have more time in the day to do other things. So, I must find the balance there because my back will go out again if I am not really strong! Right now, I am not worrying about it and enjoying the extra time.

I am also just loving homeschooling the kids. They are just so darn disciplined! They don't complain and get right down to their work, and do it pretty independently these days. So, I am there with them available to answer questions, but I am able to read and write while they work. I'm doing my "school work" which includes my Well-Educated Mind reading (which overlaps with much of Michaels Classical Lit reading) and writing for Bible Book Club.

Michael is doing really well with Bob Jones Biology. Even though he got A's on both modules in the COOLSchool class, I feel like he is learning so much more with this BJU Biology in a much more relaxed and non-pressure-filled way! Classical Lit has turned out to be a delight. He is listening ot Iphigenia Among the Tauris right now on my iPod, and he loves it. It is fun for me to understand what he is reading too. THANK YOU THELMA (www.thelmaslibrary.com).

Paul is WAY ahead in his science. He just finished the big book, and he just has a smaller health book to do. I will try to do more "lab" stuff with the health as he can chart his nutrition intake and health vitals. That will be good. He also realized he is cruising in his grammar book and only has eleven more days of lessons! He will probably be finished by the first part of March!

For both the boys, I am tickled at their writing. THANK YOU JULIE (http://www.bravewriter.com/) for telling me to be relaxed in the writing. I will be eternal grateful as I see they are doing great with grammar and punctuation and writing without me having to ask them to do it. For example, I told Paul that he needed to do some 4 Square Writing, and he said, "Well, I did just finish a free-write for the last 30 minutes on the French Revolution. Do you want to see it?" He had written two pages on everything he was learning in history, and it was GREAT! Yes, there were spelling and punctuation errors, but the fact that he just "freewrote" on his own made me beam! Michael is doing the same. He had an assignment in World History to write a 200 word essay on Bismarck, and he wrote 450 because he wanted to. YIPPEEE! What is great for him is that he is doing almost all typing now, and he can use the spell check. He only had a few punctuation errors in the essay. For him, the physical mechanics were always the thing that made it difficult for him to write more than the actual writing. Typing takes care of that.

Well, I am off to pick up George. We are buying a flash for our D80 today. The top of the little flash fell off, and we don't really like that wimpy flash anyway. So, we want an external one.

I have more I could say, but I don't have time!!!!! Wish the spellchecker worked on blogger. It quite working on me with this new computer, and I dn't know why! So, no proofreading just sending in a hurry!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...