Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Tuesday Ten Minute Freewrite



I am going to go great guns for 10 minutes on this freewrite. I am meeting with a person (not sure if she wants direction - she just wanted to talk to me) at 6:30 am, and I want some Centering Prayer time before we meet. The house will be a bit "a buzz" because George is going fishing with John and Mer this morning, and they are leaving at the same time I am meeting with this person. I tried to see if we could move our meeting up a bit to 1) not have a commotion going during our meeting time, and 2) go fishing with them! 

But when I woke up this morning, I realized that I am "peopled out" and need some downtime. Yesterday was a full workday. I know most people work full-time, but I could never be a full-time spiritual director. I had one extra hour of direction yesterday because the person I was meeting with thought we were meeting yesterday and came in on the end of another direction session, but I went ahead and met with her yesterday (thinking that maybe I could go fishing after all), but that was too much because I also led the Silent Prayer time for OMS, and I led a two discussion on Orthodoxy and GK Chesterton which was probably the most difficult Renovare Book Club discussion I have ever led because I just don't think like him AT ALL! So there you go!

I should also add that I spent Sunday going to church, walking home from church because George had to do announcements in the second service. Then I spent a good part of the day listening to all the podcasts and reading the handouts for Orthodoxy in addition to making bread for communion and going to group for a send off for Mer, worship, and Brazilian dinner. So that is a LOT of people time together. 

So, even though I am meeting with her, I will not be going fishing. I am going to rest for a good part of the day. I will read, and I want to start cataloging my photos all the way back to the Fall of 2016.

I am really glad we are NOT going to Groundwork! There is just too much going on right now.

Oh, I heard from F who moved to the Gulf. She sent oodles of pictures.

Oh, I also had to field questions about having someone stay with us in the middle of the month. And had to think about how to fit in a meeting with these people who have this internet thing they do. 

So, those were two other things from yesterday.

All in all, I am still having lots of "reservoir" time with God. I have loved this devotional guide (I will find a picture and post it in the post later). I am meditating on the Lord's Prayer right now, and I am loving it. I really love every bit of it. Wondering if this is something I can do with people in small contemplative cohorts in the future? 

That is something else I will do today: type up the rest of the Contemplative Cohort things. 

I think...yes, it just went off. BYE! 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday

I know I put this quote at the beginning of my last Freewrite, but I put it in "Quote Fancy," and I like this picture that I could...