Sunday, February 09, 2020

Sunday Morning Freewrite Examen

If you don't connect with the Examen, I suggest the book A Simple Life-Changing Prayer by Jim Manney.

Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time - Message is on forgiveness and reconciliation. 

Jesus stressed forgiveness over and over again. Ask God to see them the way God sees them and forgive them. (Thank you God that I have forgiven those who hurt me recently. That was the first thing you told me to do, and I am forever thankful. I continue to see them how you see them, and for their healing.) 

Two to Three Things You are Grateful For:

1) The experience of playing basketball at Oregon State University and the sisterhood I have with all OSU Women's Basketball players since then. We are Family. 

2) Loving and laughing with my wonderful family when we went out to dinner at McMenamin's.

Getting Up - It was not rushed. I woke up at 4:50 and had a good amount of time. Meditated on "Who is in heaven" part of the Lord's prayer, and also the "Power of Vulnerability" in Pray as You Go.

Rest of the morning - Where did you notice God? My sweet friend in Central Asia who reached out to me to say that she missed me and told me "I have enough time if you are ready to continue talking about God." We had stopped this month THREE years ago because she got married and then went off to a medical residency in India. Now she is back and was ready for the next story. I looked back at where we ended, and it was the story of the Prodigal God. I sent it to her, and we had the SWEETEST and most life-giving study in it. She said she had needed wisdom, and God gave it to her because he showed her he is a God who loves, forgives, and hugs no matter if we are the younger brother with his wild ways or the older brother with his pride. We were supposed to meet with another friend in Central Asia, but that person was stuck in traffic without reception. So, that person not showing up allowed for our spontaneous study to happen. The next story is the Pharisee and the sinner in the temple praying. It should be great! 

Middle of the Day - George and I scooted out the door and rode our bikes in the SUNSHINE to the Oregon State Basketball Practice Center to watch our women practice. Many other great alums played here as far back as 1969! WOW! After this, we had a tour of the Center and also the Valley Football Center (while the team did their "ice baths" - man it is so much nicer than when I played). After this, we had an Italian feast and toured the remodeled locker room. OH MY. Then, we sat down and had introductions and heard stories. I loved it! Then, after picking up our tickets for the game Sunday, we rode our bikes back in the sunshine. 

Afternoon - Rested a bit and then went for an early dinner at McMenamin's with the fam. We laughed because of the Tesla parked outside wondering how someone gets into those things with door handles. We waited anxiously so we could see the people get into the car only to realize they had been sitting across from us the whole time, and they probably heard us talking about the Tesla car. She got into the car, and we still could not figure out how she did it! 

End of the Day - Watched Downton Abbey until I could not keep my eyes open at 9:45 (thus why I am up so early today).

Regret - Nothing that I can think of. 

Most meaningful - The alumni outing. I was not sure I wanted to go but glad I did. It was so sweet because I told one of the players how much I loved her hair (I have seen it from the stands for the last two years, and it is gorgeous, curly, and red). She was so happy and told me that that was the nicest thing she had heard all day." I said, "You probably have people say that all the time." And she said, "No, you are the first, and you made my day." I would say that these 18-22-year-olds are just the sweetest and kindest people, and the coaching staff is so nice too. I just loved our time.

What do you want to say to me, God? "Relax in my love, even when you walk out onto the basketball court today." 

Oh yes, I forgot about that. That is the hardest thing for me on these alumni weekends. We walk out and high five the team when they are introduced on the court and then we are introduced at halftime. Gill Coliseum is packed. I have gotten so nervous in the past that I could not enjoy the first half of the game. I will RELAX, God. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...