Saturday, February 22, 2020

Saturday Freewrite Examen

Yesterday was really nice. I had a totally free day and woke up at 3:15am! I had a long and luxuriant time with God. It was lovely. I spent time in 

MOMENT 3: To recognize and claim my longing for God. 

"Those who drink of the water that I will give them will never be thirsty. The water that I give them will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life." (Jn 4)

After this, I went for a walk in the 28-degree sunshine. BURR! But so nice. I walked in the schoolyard and listened to Dombey and Son

After this, I had a phone call with one of my directees. Yes, it was a free day, but she had asked me to pray for a situation, and I had asked for more specifics. She has had a wonderful time of discerning in a decision, and she has decided to leave a ministry she has been in for many years. She would be telling the leaders in a couple of hours. We prayed, and she texted later to say it went really well. I cannot wait to see where God has her next!

After this, I did some house puttering - cleaning out my "travel toiletries" drawer. It has been a LONG time! 

I also worked on the specific instinctual variants for Type One and Type Two and part of Type Three. It has been good to review each of these. The editing is taking a very long time because I am converting Russ's spoken words into a more concise handout. That is taking some time. It will be nice to have it for the future though. So I don't mind the extra work this is causing.

I finished Dickens and wrote a review. After this, I started Cat's Eye and went on another walk. It was MUCH warmer a few hours later. 

George came home, and I finished Downton Abbey and then we watched a Frontline story on the rise of Amazon and Jeff Besos. Fascinating! 

The most meaningful thing about yesterday was probably learning more about the instinctual variants. I also loved praying with my directee. 

Today I will be subbing in a Timberhill class at 10:30. I am so afraid I am going to forget because I often get going on a project in the morning! I have to set a reminder on my phone. I am going to try to sub once a week if they need me. I have not been able to do it lately or someone else has taken the subbing before I could respond. This is the first subbing there since March! (Although I subbed twice at G3 in June last year.) 

I think George has woken up. I am amazed. It is Saturday, and it is before 7 am! The door is opening. I am shocked. 

I have a little bit more time on my timer. I think. I will spend the rest of the day on the Instinctual Variants Type 3 1/2 - 9. Then I think we will take George out for his birthday that was on Tuesday. I wasn't able to see him on his day, but we talked a lot. 

I have 3:10 left on my timer. What else? Oh maybe that since I meditated on the 1 Peter passages about overlooking and DISREGARDING the offenses of others, it has been really good to just not let the trauma of what happened even enter my mind. It was a trauma, no doubt. I have never had anyone speak to me like that, ever. But I can disregard it. That can be my choice. So it has been a good "catch yourself in the act" check for me since I can churn things over and over in my mind. It is unfair and unjust, but what is, is. I have moved on. It does come up periodically, and this is the little thing I can do to get me back on track of the right thinking. 

Well, the man is up, and my timer is going off. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...