Friday, December 28, 2018

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

My battery will probably die before I get through this fifteen minutes of freewriting, but I thought I would try, nonetheless. As a reminder, the purpose of freewriting is to just type away in a "stream-of-consciousness" sort of writing style without any thought about punctuation or grammar. I don't proofread and just press the button at the end. I often write this way and type mistakenly there/their/they're (I know the difference) and other various and sundry things like that. It is all accidental, and the point is that I just type out my thoughts. 

I love this blog. I think I have had it since 2002? Or is it 2004? I don't know, but it has been fun to just type away and log my books and my exercise and my fitness.

Let's do a "State of my Life" 

HEART - I am doing fabulously. The test was the change in our Christmas due to one person who didn't want to do an extended family get-together because of current mental state. I thought it would be harder than it was, but it was great. My heart was fine, and I loved having a low-key time at my mother-in-law's house with just our family. God spoke some pretty crucial things. I think it was a test for my outwardly focused nature looking for validation from other people. I am loved and wanted by the people who truly matter. My heart only experienced LOVE, JOY, PEACE, and HOPE this Christmas.

SOUL - Oh how I continue to love the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola. I did it last year and love it then, but this Incarnation and Nativity contemplations using all my senses and putting myself in the scene sent my soul touching heaven. It is a spiral down into deeper things. This "Second Week" (not really weeks) of Exercises are so precious, and they hit me differently from last year with the new family revelation above. My soul is at rest. The grace sought is to have an "interior knowledge of Jesus who became man for me in order to love him more deeply and follow him more closely." I think this is being accomplished. 

MIND - I am stimulating my mind through great drama and storytelling. I watched a version of A Christmas Carol that I had never seen with Patrick Stewart, and it was lovely. No one does it like Dickens for me at Christmas. I think the "mindless" Hallmark movies were OK, but they are not really very stimulating to the mind with formulaic plots. So I will stick to the classics. I am also reading Glittering Vices for my Renovare Book Club. That has been good and stimulating for my mind. Of course, all the books I am reading related to the Spiritual Exercises are great too. I am also learning more about the body through reading The Vital Psoas Muscle. Lastly, I am learning about the Enneagram Instincts by taking this course with Russ Hudson. It is TEN weeks, and it is DEEP, and he is the EXPERT on the Enneagram. So I love how my mind is being stimulated and life is being transformed as I follow through on his assignments. (I also got a scholarship for the course - yay me for applying on my iPhone and not even proofreading the application.) 

STRENGTH - Well, I was doing GREAT until the day after Christmas. ACK! I got all fixed up by Margaret Bartlett on December 18. Dr Myers just could not get it for me after two appointments. Margaret stuck for a week, but I became "Leaning Tower of Carol" the day after Christmas. I think falling asleep on my mother in law's couch on Christmas Day is the culprit. Anywho, it has been a PAIN and my THORN IN THE FLESH for three days. Praying that Margaret has a cancellation before we leave for our vacation today. PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE. 

Other than that, I am strong in my core and muscles. I am also not overeating and have kept until my goal the whole Christmas Season! Next is a little lower just to get a cushion for travel days. Still recording and on Day 147 of recording and weighing. It helps. 

Well, TIME IS UP! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...