Monday, October 10, 2016

Monday Morning Freewrite

I decided to do a new font today. 

I am not doing these as regularly as I would like, and I really should be walking on my treadmill while I type this. 

Hmm. Maybe I will switch. Stopping my timer and going to the treadmill. Wait a sec. 

Ok, I am on my treadmill. I have been sitting too much lately. I have had my "sitting string" appear on my left side again, and that has not happened in months! The sitting string is when I feel a pull of tightness on from my left upper trapezius down to my bottom. It goes through my latissimus dorsi to through my lower back and down to my sitz bone (The ischial tuberosity (or tuberosity of the ischium, tuber ischiadicum), also known informally as the sitz bonez, or as a pair the sitting bones is a large swelling posteriorly on the superior ramus of the ischium. It marks the lateral boundary of the pelvic outlet.)

So, I am standing and walking. This will also be good for my weight control. As suspected, I get busy with a new schedule, and my weight goes up. I eat more and move less. Thankfully, it has only been a few pounds, and I plan on nipping it in the bud starting today. I am not discouraged, and it is something I allow in the midst of transitions, to a point, and then I pull it in. My classes started on September 21, and I had not been super disciplined during the whole trauma of August 14-27 (I really only lost the last seven days, but the 14 - 19th had moments too, to be totally honest - so I ate.)  

I made some really healthy choices relationship-wise, as a result of that trauma. I am being more careful about who I chose to invest in too. I have a better balance of time with older adults and younger adults. It is healthier now. 

I am very excited about the Kingdom Community that God pulled together at the last minute. :) They are four women from ages 45-68. This is not our typical average age for a Kingdom Community. I loved those seven years of involvement with those much younger, but this is a refreshing break for me. The challenges are very different because they have families along with their ministries, but I am able to address that, having raised a family and been in ministry the whole time. So, it is sort of fun. It was a good call to do this!

What is also very nice is that two of the women are women I know really, really well. So, I can be honest and authentic and they care about me too. This is something I did not feel from many of the people I had been investing in over the last few years. Of course, there were wonderful exceptions, but the majority didn't really care a lick about George and I. I know that sounds funny, but there was not an other-centeredness in their thinking, and they came to us for help all the time but the reciprocal, "How are you?" rarely came from their mouths. I know that we are like parents to some, but even parents should be prayed for, and that was the major thing. When we would have prayer groups with these people, they rarely prayed for us. It was odd. 

Becoming other-centered is part of maturity no matter how bad your background was. I think I try to draw that out in people, but I need to do better at helping them to be better listeners by teaching them about asking questions rather than letting them just talk about themselves most of the time. The one who said I was a "chatterer" cracked me up. Most of our time was all about her. Seriously don't know where she got that distorted picture, but I know it is distorted. That is the good part!

Beeper going, and I walked for 15 minutes! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...