Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Calm After the Storm

Weather last Saturday was
Gorgeous and sunny
While a storm raged inside


Step by step I walked
And poured out the storm
Into the ears of him who loves me


The ache of my toe
And ache of my heart
Were one in unison


He spoke truth after I poured
But he knows me so well
I don't believe him 


He has seen the grieving stare
He knows to just stand by
Until I hear the Voice on high


It's not that I don't like 
That he speaks truth
And listens with heart


I feel he can't judge
Objectively
Because he loves me


He doesn't want me
To hurt when
He knows I try so hard


So he waits
And prays
And loves


Hours later
Right before light
On a Sunday morning . . .


I heard


The Voice was clear
The Voice was sure
And silenced the enemies lies


Now the storm is outside
But my heart is calm
With sunshine inside

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...