Monday, May 03, 2021

THE CAVE, THE TABLE, THE ROAD, THE FIRE: THE FIRE

Photo by Hernan Pauccara from Pexels


THE FIRE: DISCOVERING A PLACE OF REFINING TRANSFORMATION

"In the promise to be true to Christ (the cave), to be kind to people (the table), and to take the gospel to the nations (the road), we are ultimately transformed and changed (the Refiner's fire)...The fire is the Lordship space...the place of sanctification...where we become truer to Christ, kinder to people, and bolder in mission...We confess there is no truth in us that is true enough, no kindness in us that is kind enough, no witness in us that is Gospel enough" (p. 79).

Dynamin is the Greek word in Acts 1:8 for "power" and where we get the words dynamite and dynamic. This Holy Spirit power is what came down at Pentecost in the form of fire. We have been given that power. 

QUESTIONS FOR THE FIRE:

Are there sinful thoughts, attitudes, words, or actions of which I need to confess?

The biggest one that I have been dealing with is fear. I have the sin of wanting to be wanted and loved by people. I know that this doesn't seem like a sin to many, but it is my compulsion, and at the heart of it is selfishness and idolatry. People's love has been more important than God's. I had a HUGE breakthrough yesterday as I walked the labyrinth though! I usually go IN RELEASING fear, sin, etc., and I realized that I was no longer afraid. I was no longer struggling with the approval of people. 

Have you been filled with the power of God recently?

I had an overwhelming sense of God's power working through me. Even the point of having to say, "No" to something it was assumed that I would do. It was not in my Circle of Influence. It would have been a nice thing to do, but I have another calling in my life that does not include this. So I said, "No," and I did not have that overwhelming SHAME that I usually feel when I think I might be disappointing people. George noticed it. I noticed it. It was powerful for me. Thank you, GOD!


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...