Friday, May 21, 2021

Five Minute Friday Freewrite

 


Well, I have just five minutes before I meet with Elizabeth. She missed that we were meeting at 8 am this morning, and she is on her way to the Phoenix airport. She is such an adorable Type 7. So, we are meeting at 7:15 am instead of 8 am. I like meeting with her, and I am going to do the St. Patrick's Day Breath Prayer with her.

Last night, I led a Book Babes discussion on Maybe You Should Talk to Someone. I think it went really well. It was a full house. About five of the people had not read the book, but it was nice that they came. I think it is a great group of women. I am going to try not to lead anything next year as I am committed to this new project until December 21, 2021. So I am not going to be able to read the books this coming year. 

I am almost finished with The Shape of Living: Spiritual Directions for Everyday Life. It is good. I can see why they switched to Sacred Rhythms instead of this book though. This book is more philosophical in nature rather than necessarily practical, and Sacred Rhythms has a wonderfully practical component to it that people will need for helping them write their Rule of Life (Customary) for the Order of the Mustard Seed. 

I have one minute to go. I have an overwhelming sense of your wonderful peace this morning. It has been a good week. And there is great JOY this morning as I read the chapter in this book on JOY. Perfect since I am being interviewed in a Podcast on JOY sometime in the next month. :) 

I better go now. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...