Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Freewrite Fifteen




I love that I can set my timer for 15 minutes by my voice. :) This morning has been lovely. George had a 2 am interview with a tech company in England. So I was woken up out of a sound sleep and wondered when he would come back. He was gone a long time. I still need to ask him how it went because when he finally came, I asked, and he gave me a few-word answer before I drifted back off to sleep. I "slept in" until 5:55 this morning as a result! LOL! That would be early for most, but not for me. 

So I decided to skip the 6:30 am OMS Prayer Watch (I will be leading it next Wednesday for three weeks) and luxuriated in Northumbrian Celtic Prayer for the morning and Lectio Divina on the Lord's Prayer in Luke 11. The questions were thought-provoking. Then, since our practice for the month is Breath Prayer in the OMS, I turned to a YouTube I had found on St. Patrick's prayer (since I sing or say the Northumbrian Community version every morning), and it was so lovely. Here are a few of the prayers put out by a church in Ontario, Canada:

Breath Prayer:

https://youtu.be/CfNITYx0bXI  (10 min, Ps 46:10)

https://youtu.be/H52xn1lQvRo  (7 min, St Patrick’s Prayer)

https://youtu.be/ZNse33YYlhg  (9 min, Jesus Wept)

https://youtu.be/EhN983QxuiM  (7 min, Holy Spirit Come)

Tell me what you think.

Yesterday had many blessings, I already wrote about God speaking to me in the shower about handing off an interview I was going to do. Other consolations of the day:

Purple Irises in a big clump on our walk at lunch.

Examen prayer with my British OMS Community at 1 pm where the leader, when there were only a few of us in the Zoom room told us about the "hunky" firefighters who cave into the COVID vaccination center. I laughed that this posh older British woman was talking about hunky firefighters in a prayer watch. 

Two excellent Pilates classes, except my first class could not hear my music. I don't know what I do wrong with the music portion, but it is a bit frustrating, but it was still a good class, and I was able to do the whole thing except for the plank and the calf stretching because I cannot put weight on my left arm. I also did a Ball Class and had no problems, but again, I could not do a plank, push-ups, and swimming on the ball. It went well though! YAY! 

I made a decision to lead those Wednesday prayer watches. I am in a saying no so I can focus mode (I told a directee through the Exercises that I could not postpone to two weeks from today because I had already extended our time an extra two weeks because she was behind. Her priorities have definitely changed from the beginning of doing the Exercises when she took on a Biblical Counseling Course that became the priority over the Exercises. I was just proud of myself for finding a balance between adapting (extending an extra two weeks even though my other directee has been done) and setting a boundary (extending it two more weeks) because God has told me to focus like a laser on the resource development for 1500 people! The Prayer Watches will augment the development of the resources. I can try them out in a group context because I usually do these practices with my directees one-on-one. So that is what made me decide. Plus, I just love my cohort leader, Scott. So he asked me to do it, and I want to bless him. I did decline to do it this morning though because yesterday was a big day. 

George told his workgroup that he was leaving his job of eight years. I think this is a consolation and a reason for celebration. He grew so much through the trial of having a very difficult boss who constantly threatened and abused him. 

Last consolation because my time is up. I am reading The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry, and I decided to cancel some shows I had scheduled on the DVR. I had decided to quit the news last October. I spent last night reading The Vision and the Vow, and then we watched A History of Britain together. I don't mind watching things for educational reasons and doing them together. We ate Five Guys burgers (oh my, they are so good) and watched because we are history geeks. 
Now I better go! 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...