Monday, May 17, 2021

Main Street by Sinclair Lewis


 I thought this book was so well-written. The protagonist, Carol, is NOT like this Carol (the author of this blog, me)! She was very idealistic (a very high "N" on the Myers-Briggs) and wanted to change everything to her level of sophistication. Her husband was a small-town doctor. They were pretty ill-suited, but she probably could have figured that out before they got married. I felt a bit sorry for him in some ways. 

I can see that it was way ahead of its time if it was written in 1920. She was a very liberated woman for that period. I would recommend this book. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...