Monday, May 17, 2021

Monday Morning Freewrite Fifteen

 

Picture from http://pollywogcreek.blogspot.com/


He has surely made my "Valley of Baca (Weeping)" a "place of springs" where "the early rain has covered it with pools"! Yippee! 

Something happened to me on Saturday so unexpected. I have never talked to someone about a very hard situation, and I have always wondered if they wondered what was going on. I have never told this person my story because I wanted to be careful with what I said. On Saturday, I prayed that if God wanted me to fill that person in, he would open the door, and I would proceed. The door opened, and it was a very good talk. But when we were only really halfway through this important conversation, that person said, "Well, you know that time when you and I had that conversation, and you said this about this." I looked at that person and said, "That is not what I said though, and that was not what that conversation was even about." They were SURE they were right and looked at me as if I was pathetically deceived. In the past, I would have tried to convince the person, and I heard God's voice to stop trying to convince." I did go to my husband and say, "You were there. What was that conversation about?" He told me it was what I thought, but God still said to let it go. And I did! We prayed on the way home that God would change that person's mind (and this person usually is convinced that they are right). 

So, I prayed, and I wept a bit over it because the distorted picture this person had really was not who I am. I have never even thought what that person said I had said! But God led me to all of Psalm 84, and I soaked it all morning on Sunday, and I camped on the verse above, especially. I knew God would fill my "weeping valley" with pools of freshwater eventually. 

I was a bit down because this whole thing brought up some old wounds, but I went to Centering Prayer with my wonderful Corvallis Centering Prayer group. Sitting in silence with my sacred phrase of "Silent Strength" gave me such peace. Then I had a lovely walk with my three favorite and most important people on the earth: George, Michael, and Paul! Afterward, we went out for yummy frozen yogurt and talked about our upcoming vacation to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. 

Then, I told George that I needed to go to our community because I didn't want to get bogged down in this situation as the night came. (Anyone else find that they struggle more at night?). So, we went to our community (church) and worshiped with them for 1 1/2 hours, and I soaked SOME MORE in Psalm 84 (hey, that rhymed). Then we made wood-fired individual pizzas and had deep, life-giving conversation until 11 pm. I just love these people.

I came home and was in such peace. 

Then this morning, the person from Saturday called and said, "I messed up. I questioned your integrity saying your memory was wrong, but IT WAS MINE!" 

POOLS OF FRESH RAIN COMING IN AND FILLING THAT VALLEY OF WEEPING!

We ended up being able to finish the important conversation of what we had started talking about before that person had the off-the-wall memory that didn't happen. We ended by affirming our love for one another. It was glorious.

After that, George and I just stood in awe of God.


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...