Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Wednesday Freewrite

 

Imagine is Wonderful. Click on the link to an explanation HERE.


I am going to my Imagine with Jesuits in Britain in twenty minutes so I thought I would type away in a Freewrite for fifteen. I think I have been doing these Imagine Meditations since May or June. I love them! I liked them when they were every Wednesday. Now they are every other Wednesday, and one of the teachers, Iona, is on a sabbatical for the next six months. The other person, Steve, is great too, and he has pulled in someone to help him, but I miss Iona being there too. 

Well, the last three days have been very eventful. I spent TWELVE hours updating something I wrote 21 years ago to have it for our "Abiding and Power Resources" for my community. I keep fiddling with it, but I think I really like what has happened with it.

In the meantime, Paul has asked me to do a 10-13 minute Lectio Divina. I think that will be lovely. I just need to sit down and do it in the next couple of days. I did a 30 minute one on John 15:1-5 this morning, and it was lovely. It is a lovely group of people who come to these OMS Prayer Watches, and that was my first time leading one. I think Scott (my sponsor, cohort leader, and 24-7 leader) wants me to take the next 12 weeks on Wednesdays. I think that will work for me after we get back from our vacation. 

Yes, we are going to go on vacation. George worked it out so that his last day of work in Hillsboro will be May 28th (Friday of Memorial Day Weekend), and he negotiated to not start his new job until June 21st. We are going to take one in the USA. I think it will either be Yellowstone/Grand Tetons or Bryce Canyon/Zion National Park. I am excited. It could be Hawaii if we can get a good deal on a flight. 

In other news, I taught TWO ball classes yesterday, and my arm was just fine. I cannot do a plank or push up off the ball, and I can only use one arm in the swimming exercise, but getting up and down off the ball is so much easier than when I taught the class two weeks ago. So I am healing. I am not keeping my weight down though. I need to get back on track! I am so good when I make up my mind to be good, but I love food! LOL! I am still within my weight range, but I would like to get down to what I was in December. It is creeping up. 

Our meeting for the Abiding and Power Group might be postponed tomorrow because our fearless leader was rushed to the hospital with an emergency appendicitis. YIKES! 

The day is BEAUTIFUL! I think it is going to get up to 79 degrees. That is so great. I went for a long walk with George while Valentina and Peter cleaned our house. Yes, I have housecleaners, and they are like family to me. Geroge gifted them to me when I was homeschooling AND doing ministry AND had a much worse back pain problem. I could probably clean my own house, but I think we have had them for about fifteen years. So, seriously, they are like family to us now. When they retired, we will go back to cleaning our own house, but we see them and catch up with them once a month. :)

I have a lot more resource development to get done this afternoon, but most of the other stuff doesn't need to be updated like the "Five Meditations for Inner Life Growth" that I wrote so many years ago and have not updated since 2005! 

Well, I think my time is almost out, and I need to get up and walk around before Imagine. Sending without proofreading! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...