Friday, May 07, 2021

Freewrite Fifteen Minutes

 

I saw some Purple Irises just like this today (I took this picture in 2007)

I just spent the last 2 1/2 hours catching up on all my book reviews for the year. I was thinking maybe I wouldn't do them this year, but I do enjoy doing them. It was just a matter of having the TIME to get to them. 

I turned a corner the last couple of days. It has been really, really busy. I still have a ton on my plate, but I had TWO no-shows and ONE cancellation for my spiritual direction this week! I think this is a record. I don't know what happened to one of them because I just emailed them the day before. Did they forget in that little amount of time? I was able to finish my book reviews as a result. 

 I also delegated TWO major projects that I was going to be doing, but the person really was happy to do them and finished one ALREADY, and I wasn't going to get to it until the middle of June! Hallelujah for delegation. 

I also finished up the Imago Christi Discovery Event which was stretched out over eight sessions. I thought it was really nice, and it would be especially nice for someone who has never been discipled or had spiritual direction. I highly recommend it even if you have had both of those things. It is based on the book Mansions of the Heart and The Interior Castle, both books I have reviewed on this blog. It is a practical application of it. One of the women in my small group did not like the process toward the end. She liked the beginning of tracking a timeline, discovering her longing, discovering her blocks to growth, but she didn't like how she was told "this is how you grow." I didn't mind this. I think some people need more structure, and it sounds like she has had structure forced on her in her childhood. My heart broke for her. I also really liked the people who led it, really quality people who love God and others. Five stars for Imago Christi.

Now, George is making spaghetti for the family. I hope to have a mellow evening reading and maybe going for another walk. My arm feels so good. Up until just two days ago, it was painful to type on the keyboard and to write. I corrected about 25 papers yesterday, and I did all these reviews, and it has not hurt at all! I think Emiko's massage and prayer over me on Wednesday really helped! Thank you, Emiko!

Now, I want to call Debbie this weekend and catch up. 

I am all done with all the reading for my Year of Preparation for the Order of the Mustard Seed, and we still have six more months to go, but that is who I am! :)  All the reading was invigorating for me. I love my life right now in that way.

I just had a little thing this week that made me tremble. I thought someone misunderstood me and was mad at me. It really unnerved me, but I did not freak out and just prayed, and God told me to "not tremble or be dismayed" because he was with me. He understood what I meant regardless of what the other person understood. It turned out that I shortly clarified, and it was all good, but I had about twelve hours where I had feelings I had not felt in a year: SQUISHY. I used to feel squishy a lot in relationships way back when. Oh, I also had a bunch of people pray for me, and it was great. Oh, by the way, Emiko had a prophetic word over me. She felt like the enemy was trying to push me down, and then this thing happened less than 24 hours later. So that is why I had people pray. 

There is a fifteen-minute timer. I love freewrites!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...