Thursday, January 02, 2020

Thursday Freewrite

I fell fast asleep at 8:45 last night. So, not surprisingly, I woke up at 2:45 this morning. Oh well. Then I had horrible chest pain, waking George up to tell him to I cannot find the aspirin. I don't think it was a heart attack, but you never know. I wanted to alert him. I took the aspirin and also some heartburn fizzy stuff. It might be a muscle. 

Anywho, it is fun to get back to Bible Book Club. I have been looking at the posts in Grammarly, and realize that I have some mistakes I had never seen before like compliment instead of complement! ACK! I love learning new things every day.

I had an amazing time with God this morning. I meditated on the visit of the wise men. I went forward to Epiphany on my Pray as You God app, and the meditation was beautiful. I had such a mantle of peace rest upon me. I was able to get in touch with sadness over Lorraine's passing. I was able to have such a moment with God over the impact that both Lorraine AND Ginny had in my life. I am SO, SO, grateful for their mentoring for 30 years. It was a sweet moment with God.

Yesterday was also so very sweet. I am also so blessed by my family. During dinner last night, Michael had gone back to Salem, and we had such a deep talk with Paul. It lasted for about three hours! His insights and wisdom and questions were amazing. He went out of the room for a bit in the middle of our talking, and George and I looked at one another and said, "WOW! Can you believe how insightful he is?" He is honest and authentic and insightful and wise. As we were talking I thought what a good counselor he would make. No joke. He doesn't sugar coat anything, but he delivers truth in such a wonderful way. I am still amazed this morning. I know this will be a tremendous year of growth for him as he enters into full-time work. I am so looking forward to seeing where he ends up. He is not sure what his passions are, and I am hoping this year will be one where he discovers them. I will ponder all these things in my heart and pray into it. I don't want to hold to the counselor thing, but all I can say is, "WOW" at his insights last night. Just wow.

God is good. All the time. He is good. I am entering back into the hubbub of one of my vocations: teaching Pilates. I hope I love it as much as when I left. I do so love the people I work with. They are the best people. So positive. So encouraging. So loving. My students are always a mixed bag, but I always find some that I bond with. I really want to emphasize that my class is a safe space for them to relax and breathe and become strong in body, mind, and spirit. Anxiety is rampant, and I want them to learn to relax during a busy college day. I want to be salt and light on a dark winter day. Lord, love through me. Shed light through me.

Now, thinking about spiritual direction. Oh, Lord, how I absolutely love this vocation. I do. I do. I do. It is what I was born to do. I really think I have been doing it for over 30 years, but Sandy and Marty have so helped me come into my own with it. I want to see this grow and blossom throughout our city and agency (my other job). Would you make it so?

I am starting the 18th annotation of the Exercises with Marge on Saturday. Would you sanctify and bless that time, Lord? I am really looking forward to it. 

There are fifteen minutes! BYE! 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...