Thursday, January 30, 2020

1. Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life


9963483

This is my second time reading this because I am discussing it with a friend. I thought maybe I missed something the first time because I really did not think it was that great the first time around, and I still don't think it is as great as everyone raves about. I feel like he never really gets to the point. He has some nice things to say but he skims the surface of what could be a really great subject. I really prefer this one I read last year:

The Critical Journey: Stages in the Life of Faith 

That book has life stages mapped out with practical wisdom for the different life stages. I also think that Rohr is a little too pluralistic for my taste. 

Thinking about your second half of life is a great topic though, and there are some nice quotes and a great analogy with The Odyssey. What are you going to do with this one life you have? It is weird to think that I am 60 now, and I am thinking about the second half of life. I want to finish well. 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...