Saturday, February 22, 2014

Romans 8:26-27 - Spirit Groanings

HIS WORDS

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

MY WORDS

In the same way the Spirit of God is arousing within our desire for full deliverance from this world into our glorious future, giving us a taste of the blessings of heaven, the Spirit continually carries the heavy load of our physical, emotional, and spiritual disabilities as we wait in this fallen world. One of way we are weak is that we do not always know what we should pray, but the Spirit Himself comes to the rescue in this by continually pleads on our behalf or those we are pleading for with sighs beyond our words (making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans, The Message). And God Who searches the hearts of men knows what is the intent of the Holy Spirit is, because the Holy Spirit approaches, appeals to, and pleads before God on behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will [Psalm 139:1,2]) 

I WILL

Wow! What a wild ride I went on while meditating. I was reminded of riding in my car in 1985 with Kelly Willard singing on my cassette player:

I feel like I want to praise Jesus 
I don't even think I know how
But the Spirit gives groanings
Too deep for words
So here I am 
Take me now
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
(from Songs, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs)

I had just returned from trying to reason with a friend who was going in the opposite direction from God, and I was at my whits-end praying for her as I drove past Newberg on HWY 99W. The Spirit interceded for me in that moment. It was an overwhelming sense of His presence.

I will remember and rely on the Holy Spirit as I continue to intercede for people in seemingly impossible situations. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...