Thursday, February 20, 2014

Luke 18:1-8 - Persistent Faith

HIS WORDS

Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart, saying, “In a certain city there was a judge who did not fear God and did not respect man. There was a widow in that city, and she kept coming to him, saying, ‘Give me legal protection from my opponent.’ For a while he was unwilling; but afterward he said to himself, ‘Even though I do not fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow bothers me, I will give her legal protection, otherwise by continually coming she will wear me out.’ ” 

And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge said; now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? “I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?”

MY WORDS

Now he was telling a story that helped them understand that they should always pray and not give up saying, "In a certain city there was a judge who was not a follower of God and did not care very much about men. In the same city, there was a widow who kept coming to him saying, "I need to be protected by the courts from my enemy!" At first, he just brushed her off, but afterward he said, 'Even though I am not a follower of God or care about men, I am going to give this woman legal protection or she will harass me and tire me out!'

Then Jesus aid, "Did you hear what the unrighteous judge said? He was a man who couldn't give a rip about God or people, but because this woman was persistent, he gave her what she wanted. Wouldn't God who CARES about His people who call out to Him day and night give them justice, and will He even delay in giving it to them? I am telling you the truth, He would do it in a flash. However how much of this kind of persistent faith will He find on earth when He returns?

HE WILL FIND ME!!!!!!!

I WILL


Continue to plead with God night and into the day tomorrow for the things that have been heavy on my heart lately. The Prayer Mountain day tomorrow could not come soon enough!

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...