Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

HIS WORDS

Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. (NASB95)

MY WORDS

Concerning the gift of a handicap given to me to keep me humble and remind me of my limitations, I begged God to remove it three times, and He said, "My grace is enough and all you need. My strength comes through in the midst of your weakness." I am glad that I have that "gift" now, and I even brag about it knowing that Christ's power continues to manifest itself in the midst of it. I am more than content with all my weaknesses, with abuse, accidents, opposition, and road blocks because when Christ takes over! The weaker I am the stronger He is in my life.

MY REFLECTION

My "splinter" used to be PMS. I had it so bad, and it was so humbling; but that was only a "temporary affliction" in that menopause took that all away (and menopause, for me, does not have the horrors than many others suffer). 

But since junior high school it has been the limitations of my back. I have prayed for healing, and there have been times where God touched me and healed me so I could do what He had for me (Malibu Beyond, OSU in the early 80's, the whole time I was in Malaysia); but that is not always the case. I am doing really well, but I was just thinking the other day how it puts me in touch with so many practitioners who need to hear His Word of Life. That is why I can boast in it. There is a reason for it. 

I WILL

Continue to rejoice in my back issues (although it is doing really well right now) and proclaim to my practitioners who He is! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...