Monday, February 03, 2014

1 Corinthians 12:8-10: SUPER SUNDAY TO EASTER PRAYER CHALLENGE

HIS WORDS

Here it is in The Message version:


4-10 God’s various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit. God’s various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit. God’s various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all. Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people! The variety is wonderful:
wise counsel
clear understanding
simple trust
healing the sick
miraculous acts
proclamation
distinguishing between spirits
tongues
interpretation of tongues.

MY WORDS

God gives gifts of wisdom, words of knowledge, faith, healing, effecting of miracles, tongues, and interpretation of tongues.

(I think this is a mistake in the reference list and should be 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 that is already later on in the list, but I did it anyway)

I WILL

I will exercise my gift of wisdom as I pray at the Prayer Summit in Cannon Beach, OR




No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...