Monday, August 09, 2021

There is a Holy Hush - No Fear Here

 It is a Monday, and my first directee session is at 10 am, and I find myself sitting quietly and breathing in the presence of God. There is a holy hush that quiets and comforts me. He is here. He always is, but I can miss it.

Oh, there goes something. I realized I forgot to send out something to my small group. Yet, I will resist until my 15-minute free-write is up. I can send it later.

How much of our fears get in the way of God's presence. He is always there, but the fear impedes His presence. 


This is one of the nicest things about knowing my Enneagram and catching myself when I let my fears get in the way of God's presence:


I see it. My fear was about people-pleasing (more my issue than "possessiveness"). I have someone (whose fear is not performing as a Type 3) who is probably wondering when I am going to do something for tomorrow. A performer and a people-pleaser don't always do well together, but I think it is working (helps that I am 20 years older). 

The point is that I want nothing to keep me from His presence. NOTHING. So I catch myself in the act of "non-presence" and center back to Him. 


No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...