Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Freewrite - Pausing in the Midst of World Chaos for a Peaceful River Ride


















Well, I have fifteen minutes before my Centering Prayer time with the nuns of East Mosely, UK. I love that time with them.

It has been a whirlwind for me as I have several friends trapped in the country that is being taken over by extremists. I am not saying the names so that there are no google searches by nefarious people. 

One of my friends there got a call from a strange man who knew everything about her. She was so scared she fled her city. She is still trying to get out.

I have several friends that are in various stages of trying to get out. It is crazy right now. Most of the Americans that I know of have been evacuated. What a mess.

All that to say that yesterday was a flurry of activity for me, and people have come from all corners to support and pray. It is beautiful. I was invited to a river ride in my kayak (with the Stand Up and Paddle Boards) doing the Willamette River. The old me would have probably not stopped in the middle of everything to do this, but the new me knew that I needed perspective and self-care and the silence and peace of God's beautiful creation. 


I am so glad that I did! I did pray for encouragement before I left, and there was a HUGE donation. So we went on a peaceful journey down the Willamette to the sounds of birds flying overhead and seeing huge fish and just lovely people. Who cares that M fell off her board? It was so fun. I came back refreshed for the rest of the battle.  


Another thing I am doing is resting for Centering Prayer. Jesus has been my anchor. 


I will post pictures of our time down the river later. Gotta go to prayer. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...