Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday Sixteen Freewrite

 

In the Midst of the Chaos, A Time to Observe the Birds

God told me on my walk yesterday, "For such a time as this." I know he was reminding me of Esther. Then one of the helpers in this little endeavor I am involved with mentioned that her community group was studying Esther. I am in no danger, but I have friends that are in real-life danger, and I am praying, praying, praying that God will deliver them from all fear. They are more the ones that have to be brave as they face a life or death situation. I can just be the friend who stands by, elicit an army of prayer warriors, and wait and pray. It is somewhat helpless, but in many ways not. It is total dependence on the one who holds the whole world in his hands. 

I have dreams for these people and for their country. George has had a vision for it. M confirmed that vision in one of our prayer times with the Seed Community. So we wait. 

Yesterday was really good. I started talking to a person who has recently come to faith and has so many questions and is like a sponge. I do believe this is one of my favorite things in the world: meeting with new believers and talking about Jesus!

Then, I had some walking and prayer time. Then I met with my Order of the Mustard Seed Cohort. After that, my cohort leader and sponsor for the OMS and I met for the recommendation interview. He had already told me to order the ring because he knows I am all in. He also encouraged me in using my gifting in the OMS. I am still praying about all of that. I need to balance that with what I am doing with my other big group.

Speaking of that, I love that job too. Developing resources and doing interviews with people in this organization has been so very fun! I love hearing about how people are abiding in Christ. The name of the podcast we do is up for debate right now, and I think it is interesting to watch. I am pretty convinced that the higher-ups gave it the wrong name, but it is not a hill I would necessarily die on, and I don't know that all that many people will really notice. I do prefer the one my coworkers are fighting for, but I don't want to be a pain. 

In other news, when I decided to NOT teach that Back Clinic Class after all, and I quit preparing for it by doing the exercises from it, I have absolutely and positively pain-free. I don't think the exercises are bad, but they conflict with Pilates and the back subtleness exercises I already do. I feel sad that I could not teach it, but I LOVE being out of pain. I forgot how much that hinders me in my other work.

George and I also went for a long walk, and he listened to me a lot. I am quite mad about how things have been handled in the exit from the country that is so dear to us. There was no common sense used in the planning and execution of the whole thing, and now things are in such a mess. But I have hope. I do have hope. Things are going better because the military rocks. I hope there are consequences to the inept way our leaders handled this whole debacle. I hope people are not partisan about the whole thing. 

So today is my Sabbath. I did wake up with an idea. So I jotted it down for tomorrow morning. This week is a little busier in Spiritual Direction than last week. I am sort of glad the Back Class did not work out because I think my Spiritual Direction is growing. I am having to be wise about who to take on and who to not take on. We will see. 

I got to Centering Prayer in 30 minutes. So I want to get a walk in before then. I sure miss Marty leading it though. I hope he comes back. 

TTFN.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...