Saturday, August 07, 2021

The Pilgrim's Regress by C.S. Lewis



"All good allegory exists not to hide but to reveal.

 To make the inner world more palpable 

by giving it an imagined concrete embodiment." 

And C.S. Lewis is SO GOOD at allegory! I loved this book, but I must admit that some parts were over my head. I have said this before, and I will say it again, "I think my brain is too small for C.S. Lewis!" But yet, I love his writing. 

This quote: 

 "There is no avoiding danger in our country. Do you know what happens to people who set about learning to skate with a determination to get no falls? They fall as often as the rest of us, and they cannot skate in the end." 

The risk of heading toward heaven is what this quote is all about. I have had it over my desk for years, but I have never read the book from which it came. So, I indulged this week in TWO allegories. (See another post before this.) I have to admit that Hind's Feet on Hight Places was much easier to grasp than Lewis but both were significant and enjoyable. 



No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...