Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Ten Minute Freewrite


I thought I would freewrite for 10 while I wait for my co-worker Paul to get into the Zoom room. I have been up since 3:21 am. My friends are in line at the airport trying to get out of that country that has been overrun. What a mess. 

I have some reflection as I "examine" my day yesterday. I don't know if it was a desolation, but I went to someone's house yesterday. We have not sat down and talked for any length of time for many years. Twice a week for 3 1/2 years, we did a Creation to Christ study. This was back in 2007-2010. Long story short, as we were talking yesterday, I realized that she is not a Person of Peace. I forgot how much she verbally overpowers you. One of the characteristics of a Person of Peace is they are WOOLY:

Welcomes

Opens up their

Oikos (Greek for network of relationships)

Listens to 

You.

I realized that this person WELCOMES, and I love that person, but this person just does not LISTEN!

George was at home hearing the exact same thing as he prayed for our time. Before I would have continued to sit there and listen to the pontification. I did listen for a long time, but then I felt the need to not stay too long. To touch base and not deeply invest as I did for 3 1/2 years. I believe people can become People of Peace eventually, but that time is not now. I will continue to pray. 

And He can make a way.    

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...