Wednesday, May 27, 2020

The NEW Blogger Freewrite

If you want to learn more about Freewriting, visit my friend Julie's website: 


After years of the old blogger interface, they have changed it. So I am trying a new freewrite on the NEW blogger. So far, I cannot get it to do the larger print, but I will figure it out. I always do. It was getting a bit out of date anyway. So here goes with my freewrite in small font (so far).

Fifteen minutes, starting now. That is what Alexa tells me when I do these freewrites. I used to have an online timer, but this is easier. 

I have already had two walks today before 9 am. I have the whole day reserved for writing copy for the website I am developing. I have so much information over the years that I want to share with others. So I have a website. I will still use this blogger (there is no way I could transfer over 2100+ posts here and the many more on the Bible Book Club, Project365, and Gospel Harmony Book Club). I will still do my book reviews here. It is a whole other adventure altogether to have my own blog with my own domain name. I feel so grown up. LOL!

I finished editing the 18th Annotation guidebook for the Exercises on Sunday. I probably didn't need to work so hard over the Memorial Day Weekend, but I don't know if it is working hard when it is something that I love. I really do love it. I just want the Exercises to go out into the world. There is an EXPLOSION of people doing the Exercises now. I keep hearing from a new person who is doing them or is giving them, and I think that is just great! I will recommend people to do them with certain people as I get to know them. It is so good to spread it around. Fran has sent two people to me and another director to me who wants to put me on their list of people offering direction and the Exercises. It is not Fran's thing to lead people through, and she knows her niche, and that is training other directors, and I think that is a really good place for her to be. I would love her to supervise me, but I sure loved Sandy and Marty Boller as a team. They were the bomb. They are the perfect blend of kindness and humility with keeping us on track and intentional. I really loved my two years with them, and I know they will be friends for many years to come. (They would be so fun to go on a cruise with too. I just visualize us on a cruise with them. Isn't that weird?) 

Anywho, I finished that project and finally led my "Reformer on the Mat" class with these online students, and I cheated! I found a video for $10 on my training website, and this woman was so clear and good, and it fits right in the time frame of my class! So, I did it for myself on Monday and then I did it WITH my students on Tuesday. They liked it. I will learn how to teach it for my in-person classes as I do her video over the summer. It should be great. 

I also want to develop some Praise Pilates classes and put them on my new website. I just would love to see people find freedom of movement in their bodies as well as their souls! They are so intertwined, and I have dreamed of leading these kinds of classes during the summer since I was trained in 2015! Pietra Fitness comes as close to that model. I love their philosophy, and I wish they would do training with me, but I am not a Catholic. I had a lovely talk with their founder. She was so sweet and on a similar journey to me in the soul and body area. Her supervising priest won't let them admit non-Catholics, but on my walk today, I prayed that they would open it up for people like me. (Hey, I am almost a Jesuit - minus the praying to Mary.) 

Anywho, I am going to do "copy" writing all day today, and I hope to get it done. I asked three of my directees from the last year to write a little testimonial for me for my website. 

I am so excited about this website. The person I hired has a beautiful website themselves, and I just wanted to bless her too. I love beauty, and I have never regretted paying for beauty! That is part of what our trips for ourselves have been since 2014. Beauty trips. The memories of vineyards on hills overlooking the Rhine both in the Spring (May 2014) and Fall (November 2019 - totally different experience) are so vivid in my mind. Beauty. Oh, I want to put the picture of the narrow walkway down Philosophers Walk in Heidelburg, Germany on my new blog! (Why doesn't Rick Steves like Heidelburg?) 

I think my time is coming to a close. There it is. I just know the length of 15 minutes, don't I?

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...