Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday Thirteen Freewrite

My timer is set for thirteen minutes and counting.

Yesterday ended up being quite busy. I slept in until 6:15. I had some prayer and then some reading of Life without Lack because I was leading a discussion, and I needed to review the book. It was a much better read the second time around with the trusty study guide provided by the Renovare Book Club. Their study guides are usually so good. Then I straightened up the house for Valentina and Pieter. 

At 7:30, Elizabeth and I ZOOMED for one hour and fifteen minutes. It was life-giving. I love that woman, and we are going to start meeting regularly again. She was out and about so much for the last year that we did not have a regular time. 


After this, Valentina and Pieter came, but I hid in my spiritual direction and read more of Life without Lack and answered the study guide questions. Getting through all of this took me up to 1:00 pm. It was good to focus just on this for most of the morning. 

Then at 1:30, I led a 1 1/2 hour ZOOM discussion on the book and our own spiritual formation. They are a lovely group of five other women, and I feel privileged to be with them every other month. But this was our last book for this year. It was a great discussion. 


Then I had a little bit of a break to eat my lunch (late) and so two more thing on my list: mail the gift card to April and Gene and contact Teala. I also put away some of the many books that have strewn all over the house after Enneagram and Spiritual Direction training and leading the Living in Sacred Balance leadership class that I taught in April. I still have quite a pile, but it is now all in one chair in my direction room. 

Then, then I listened to the Webinar with the two people that led the entire group through this book. But I was able to listen and also work on the handout for my Pilates classes today. I am giving them the list of the exercises with all the REPS and having them do it on their own so they can see if they remember how to do it without me telling them what the next exercise is. :) 

Then at 5:00 pm, I went to the Manresa retreat, day four. It was a talk on the Paschal Journey of Jesus. Then we were separated into groups where we talked about our own Paschal Journey for 20 minutes and seven people, but it worked! 

Then I RESTED. During one of the short breaks, I wrote the person who had contributed to my deadening day on Monday and told them that they might have misunderstood me and that I was sorry for not communicating better. I got such a sweet letter back! So that was nice. Monday was so great until that, but I worked through all my feelings in my Examen prayer time. That was so healthy for me. So it was two days before I was able to gently responded. George and I talked a lot about it too. 

Well, there is the timer going off. TTFN! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...