Friday, May 29, 2020

18. Diary of a Country Priest

63672. sy475
"Does it matter?
Grace is ...everywhere." 

This book was on my 1000 Book to Read Before You Die list, and it was also in one of the books, Spiritual Direction: A Practical Introduction by Sue Pickering, but I am at a loss for where in the book I read about it. (Her book is excellent, by the way. I highly recommend it.) 

A young, struggling priest in a small French village finds a deeper experience of God through life's biggest challenges. I just felt such compassion and love for this man. At first, I thought it was boring, but there is a beauty to it that eventually drew me in. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...