Monday, May 04, 2020

Monday Morning Freewrite

Well that happened. I am exhausted this Monday morning. And thankfully, other than one Spiritual Direction appointment at 1 pm, I am free for the day. I slept in until almost 7 am this morning. That is so unusual for me. But, my boys made a lot of noise in the early morning hours on Sunday. So I did not get a very good sleep that night. So I am making up for it. I think I fell asleep at 9pm!

I am listening to A Quiet Knowing by Jeff Johnson. So peaceful. I am at peace. I think that I will know how much went into the last year and nine months now that I am finished with one of my major "Big Hairy Audacious Goals" (BHAG) to go through a Spiritual Direction Certification course. I did the School of Sustainable Faith and was led through it by Sandy and Marty Boller. I cannot vouch for the rest of the trainers (except my spiritual director Fran Love, who is the bomb), but Marty and Sandy were excellent! So I heartily recommend this; but like I said, I think I will realize how much it was to go to Boise every other month. My investment was twice as much because it was two days of training and two days of travel. I am very happy I did it, and the drive to Boise is so lovely. I did like having the last module here in my home and via ZOOM. That made everything half the time commitment, and I could go and walk in my lovely neighborhood on the breaks (not much selection in walking in the neighborhood in Boise). All in all, I am very happy I did, even though I think I have been doing it for quite a while, it is nice to have confirmation that this is what I have been and should be doing for my life. :) 

I was in a bit of shock yesterday. Did it really just happen? Am I really done? I set up my bio for the ESDA - Evangelical Spiritual Directors Association.  I had already set up my bio for the Spiritual Directors International. That is an interesting group because they are not only Christians. I also figured out how to do online scheduling. I included my Personal Training and Pilates on there too and called it Body and Soul Companion. That about says it! The next step is the website. I might have to use a template because hiring someone is really spendy. 

I also finished my second edit of the Exercises for Everyone. I think I am ready to give a link to everyone, or maybe I will go through it just one more time for typos. I am just not good at spotting typos. My problem with reading through is that I keep trying to change it too. LOL! I have a dream of taking a group through these. I have three people in mind. Just four of us, meeting one time a month. I am always looking for connection with others. That is how I know I am a Type Two on the Enneagram. LOL! 

Speaking of the Enneagram. All my coursework is done. My Type Five paper (in collaboration with another member of the class) was sent out to others, and they liked it. On Monday the 11th, my Type Eight paper will go out with a panel discussion. Then I have a Typing Interviews class on the 15th for four hours. The professional and practical applications four-hour class on June 5th. That means only 10.25 hours left! This has been plenty for me, and other than wanting so badly to just get certified through the Enneagram Institute (really expensive and in New York), I am done with my training. This was really thorough, and I feel really confident to be able to teach on it and also to help people discover how they can grow with this tool. That is all it is, a tool. 

That will be done the day after I am done with my Pilates online experiment. It has been more draining than life-giving for me, but I have learned so much. So I am grateful. 

The summer looks like just subbing for Timberhill and G3 (if they ever reopen). In the summer, I would love to set up my online Prayer Pilates! I have a vision for this, but I would love to have someone do the technical film and sound stuff! 

Oh yes, there is the prayer party on Friday. It has come together quite well. We will see how it goes. I think this could be the last one. I love it, but it might be the end of this era. I hold it with an open hand. This is our sixth time. We just have 2 1/2 more hours of slots to fill. So we are doing really well. 

Well, there is my timer. On to my discernment prayer time (Finding God in Each Moment: The Practice of Discernment in Everyday Life). 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...