Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sunday Sixteen Freewrite

I am going to just freewrite as I listen to Pray as You Go (PAYGO) for today. 

"Seek the Lord and be strengthened. Seek his face always." This was the verse God gave me on January 24, 1992. The day I became a mother. That was my parenting verse, and I just love being a parent, especially because we really like each other as adults. Last night, I saw God in our family as we went out to dinner, and the waitress kept commenting, "You are all so happy." I think she liked being treated so well (even when she made a huge mistake on our bill.) Yes, we like being around each other. After dinner, we went for a 2/3 mile walk on the boardwalk over Jackson-Frazier Wetland. (Nature + my favorite people + sun shining = BLISS) Of course, it took WAY longer than if I were to do it alone because those kids have just been influenced so much by their father, stopping to see every bird and insect. I should have known when Paul wanted to get the binoculars out of the back of the car. I don't mine. Their "lollygagging," affectionately given by me to their father, warms my heart. 




BACK TO PRAY AS YOU GO (PAYG):

God's spirit rests on us, and it is a spirit of glory.

"The glory of God is a human being fully alive" (So funny that Dale quoted that at the end of Enneagram training last Friday and then Maureen emailed me to ask me for the quote - I want this quote on my new website.)

QUESTION FROM PAYGO
How alive do I feel right now? VERY (Love this music on the app right now, they have used it several times, and I use it for my Pilates classes.) 


I do feel FULLY ALIVE. 

Not difficult to feel this way in these days of restricted movement. Yes, PAYG, the slowing down is GOOD for us. George and I were commenting on that while we were having an Examen prayer time together on our deck in the evening twilight. (Simple pleasures are the best.) Not happy for the pandemic, but it has only been WIN-WIN for us. It just breaks our hearts that it is not for others. 

If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed.

Jesus is alive within me and within the world. What do I want to say about suffering with him?

Well, I suffer with those who are suffering because I really have had my share. I think about those in pain: emotionally and physically. Suicides in the lockdown as much as a YEARLY average in California. YIKES. How can hope be brought in to homes?

Pray as You Go is over. 

I also prayed for the city this morning from 6:30-7:00. This is the closing verse for my prayer slot:

"Seek peace and well-being for the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf; for in its peace (well-being) you will have peace."

So that is what our group is doing. It has been nice. I thought I was to do it every day, but then George showed me that there were tabs on the Google Doc - duh. So someone had taken the one on Monday for that time (which is ideal because I am over with my personal prayer time by 6:30 am and have not started any work yet). 

There is more I could say but it IS time to start on a project I have been working on this weekend. By the way, yesterday I did something DUMB in my Word document, and I started to panic because I had sent out the "final" copy to several people! ACK! I have no idea how it happened but some of my links were really incorrect (part of it was that the information on the website that it is linked to was also incorrect). So I had to correct it, and it is tedious work that I am not really good at. So that was sort of frustrating, but I was fine by the time we went out to dinner, and I decided that it was OK to extend my deadline to TODAY instead of yesterday. I was putting TOO MUCH PRESSURE on myself for a deadline that I imposed on myself. My 1 and 3 wings were both coming out in a very UNHEALTHY way at that moment. So, a la Wisdom of the Enneagram and the wonderful teaching of Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson, I "caught myself in the act," made my apologies to George, and let it go. :) (Growth is grand.) 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...