Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day Morning Freewrite

I cannot believe I have not written a freewrite in almost a week. What a week though. I think I was pretty busy and probably put a lot more time into planning the PUMP Party than I thought! 

We spent 12 hours praying for the world, and we really did have a party! It was so fun because I recruited different people for each prayer hour. It was awesome. I will have to look to see how many people we had for each session. For each section, it was 9-18. We started out with only four in the morning for the worship, but that is not unusual. We ended the worship time with more though. The biggest session was the last for North Africa, but that was because five workers for those places came along with E. She is the universal people gatherer! And what was nice was that many of them stayed for the final 15 minutes of worship and praise. Of course, I cried. This was our sixth one, and it might be my favorite. I loved the fact that I could get up and walk around during the time. When we do it in the Upper Room, there is nowhere to go really. And nowhere to sit comfortably. I also liked that people could share maps and pictures and such. The only thing that was more awkward was worship, but I just got up and danced around to worship. We tried a couple of times singing together, but it did not work as there was echoing and timing issues. All in all, it was a great time.

I start a "First Exercises" retreat with SEEL PDX tonight. That should be very fun. Then I will do a retreat with Manresa for four nights, Monday-Thursday. I also have my Type 8 panel for Enneagram class on Monday. I have to get an assignment in on Tuesday. Oh, I am also meeting with one of the HOME moms sometime on Monday. After my assignment is in. I have a Typing Interview class on Friday for Enneagram. After that, I have only six more classes for Pilates OSU and one more class of Enneagram. Then, I believe all my obligations for the school year are over. 

So I have a freer summer. Last summer I had a freer one, and I was great guns on home projects, but then I broke my leg. So I couldn't get around cleaning and scrubbing. So hopefully I will get some of my projects around the house done. I think I will also adapt my 19th annotation manual to the 18th annotation too. I didn't particularly like how I did it with M this year, but I just didn't have the time to put all that work to adapt it. As it was, it took me three hours each time we met until I decided it was too much for her. Then I really paired it down so it was more manageable for her for the last three times we met.  

But the PUMParty is done for another year. It was one of my favorites. It really was.

Well, I have forty seconds. So I will sign off.

Happy Mother's Day to me! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...