Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday Morning Freewrite Fifteen

I woke up at 4:50am this morning because I went to bed quite early last night. Sadly, I was listening to my book again, thinking I would be able to listen until the end of the chapter as I turned out the light and closed my eyes, but NO! So I had to listen to it again this morning. 

Yesterday turned out to be grand. After my last freewrite, I directed the young ladies cutting the trees in my yard (yes, Graham has an ALL FEMALE work crew now - go girls). In the meantime, I went to clean out underneath the sink (I might have done this before the freewrite), and I discovered that the hose that connects to the faucet leaks every time you turn the faucet on, and all the paper products directly under (thankfully only brown bags from grocery runs where brown bags were offered which is rare in our town that has added a charge if you use them, trying to encourage reusable bags) were soaked through in addition to the cork board underneath. I am thankful to say that it had not leaked out to the bottom because I check and there is no leakage there. This prompted me to put a fan there to dry it out and George coming home from Hillsboro in the evening to check it out. We will have to call a plumber. In the meantime, I organized all the products underneath the sink for my daily kitchen project. Can I say how much I have LOVED being home to do these things? Self-preservation instinct of the Enneagram is getting  thorough exercise this summer, and I am glad of it.

I listened to Our Lady Ludlow as I did it, and that was fun (see previous review). 

After this, I went took Paul to his dental appointment (because we have the best talks when we are in the car - I know he could have done it himself, but I like to be with him as much as I can as I know he might be moving away soon for a job). I walked around Chintimini Park where we had our wedding reception 29 years ago on Sunday. I peaked in at the room, and they said they were undergoing a total remodel of the facility, and I mused with the volunteer about making having our 30 year anniversary party there. She was very encouraging as the remodel will be done before then. I am still pondering.

I was able to listen to more of my book and also pray around key areas in which I love to pray (but will remain nameless).

After this it was full on making dinner for Madina who had a baby last Monday. I made French rolls and oatmeal raisin cookies, and George had made Minestrone Soup the night before. After this, I rested and read just for a bit and brought her the meal at about 4:45 and visited until 6:30. Then, I flew in the door and Skyped with Elizabeth for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Then I made the rest of the cookies up for my sweethearts George and Michael. Then we talked about books until I retired to listen to my book and promptly fell asleep.

The greatest thing is that George said to be ready by 10 am for a SURPRISE on Thursday. I will have to miss weight lifting, but he says it will be fun what we are doing. I am sure it is in preparation for our anniversary. 

Sometime yesterday (I believer after my freewrite), I also order a birthday gift for Debbie's 60th birthday and had it sent to her. 

I think it has maybe been about fifteen minutes? No, maybe only twelve.

This morning I had a good time finishing up my book and starting Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. Heart is breaking for what we did to Native Americans. I also read my slow going book on spiritual direction called Holy Invitations. I also cleaned out the cupboard where my mixer is stationed, and OH MY lots of grime from years of mixing! That was satisfying to get done. Loving my projects.

In about an hour, I will ride my bike to weight lifting (since I must miss it on Thursday) and maybe take the long way home on my bike. Now I think the timer should be going off right about now. YES. Just as I typed NOW. 

BYE! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...